Strong School Highlights
Camp Jewell Forms
Camp Jewell Letter
Click here for the Camp Jewell 2014 parent letter.
Coding at Strong School
Click here for the Fall 2013 edition of the Strong Scoop. Other editions can be found under publications on our site.
Keep Up With Strong School
Keep Up With Strong School!
Parents can keep up with the news from Strong school and their children’s teachers in several ways:
- Subscribe to one or more of our parent email lists and receive important news and information from Strong. Look under ‘About Us’ on our homepage for direct links to the email lists, or use the form there to ask to be added.
- Follow Strong School on Twitter. Search the #StrongMS and #RSD13CT hashtags and check here for a list of Strong teachers using Twitter.
- Most Strong teachers are maintaining classroom websites. Find them under ‘Class Pages’ on the Strong website.
- Subscribe to the daily bulletin in PowerSchool. Log in to your parent account and choose ‘Email Notifications’ from the left sidebar. Check the box for ‘School Announcements’ and click ‘Submit’.
- Many Strong teachers are using Edmodo to communicate with their classes. Edmodo is a social learning platform, often referred to as ‘Facebook for schools’. In this secure, completely password-protected environment, teachers can hold online class discussions, assign quizzes, conduct polls and distribute assignments and resources. When they create their accounts, students are provided with a ‘parent code’ that will enable parents or guardians to create their own accounts and track their children’s activity. Ask your child for his or her parent code and create an account by clicking ‘I’m a parent’ at the Edmodo website.
Student /Parent Handbook 2013/14
Emergency Closing Letter